Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

'So you tell me your blue skies, fade to grey.'

Well, to say the least, I've had a less than good week. Alongside all the skin problems, which caused (and are still causing) extensive pain and emotional duress, which I explained a couple posts back in My Skin is Driving Me Crazy, my girlfriend also broke up with me yesterday, and I had no real idea that she was about too. Beyond the enigmatic fact that she still really likes me (according to her), but would prefer her freedom, as she doesn't feel ready for a relationship, I don't think it'd be polite, nor legal, to go in-depth with that on the world-wide web.

So, lets just say that despite the sun in the sky, and there only being one week of school left, I'm feeling pretty down. Not so much stressed anymore, as the pain in my feet has subsided for the most part, but they're still in pretty terrible condition, and my heart being broken alongside that doesn't help in the slightest. Yea, I'll get over it eventually, and yea, there's a chance it's not quite as over as I think it may be at the moment, but when you're living in the moment, the idea of a future is cloudy.

This weekend I'm just getting away from it all to rest my feet, my heart, and my mind. I did have plans, but those fell through with everything else, in part because of me not really wishing to go through with them, but with good reason. Hopefully, I'll be able to competently walk next weekend, and will be able to spend the entire weekend with friends to take my mind off of everything, or do the next best thing and put my mind at ease about all of it.

Yea, it's tough to take a chance on love sometimes, I guess, and after my stroke of failed relationships in the past 2 years, you'd think I'd be cynical about it, but I'm really not.
The more you risk, the more the pay-off will be in the end when it all really does workout, if not because of some metaphysical reason, then because you'll be so experienced in every possible situation, you'll know how to cope in the worst of it, and how to make it through the worse to see the best. There's always a silver lining, no matter how thin. You've just got to look harder if it's as transparent as it can get from time to time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.