Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Alone, but not lonely.

Well I'm willing to admit it, I guess, and it's not necessarily a bad thing by any means: right now, at this point in my life, I'm somewhat of a loner.
That's not to say that I've always been like this, or that I'll always be like this.. and that's certainly not to say I'm the stereotypical sort of loner, I'm just one of those people who doesn't seem to take alot of effort in trying to constantly spend time with people.
Once again, that's not to say I don't spend time with people, because I do... but it's usually just a select couple of people that I really do hang out with on a regular basis, with that regular basis being maybe once or twice a week for, at most, 5 or 6 hours each time, sometimes more or less, depending on what the other person may wish or need to do.

There was a time in my life when I was, for a couple of years, almost entirely a loner. I was shy, didn't talk much in class, and paced back and forth across the schools field, usually daydreaming about different things. At first, they thought it might be some sort of mental issue, and thinking back, it does make sense considering my behavior. After chatting with me and seeing I was just as uniquely normal as anyone else, and was by no means truly anti-social, they stopped worrying about it. Back then I wasn't lonely very often, despite being alone; and in this day and age, I am alone much more than my recent, quite social past would have suggested; and once again, I'm not usually lonely, although I will admit that if I don't get out at least once a week, I start feeling slightly lonely and find myself wishing I had more friends to spend time with, only to come to the inevitable conclusion that I have many friends, I just don't often seek to spend time with them, but that the opportunity is open any time I would like, I just don't seem to take it as much as my subconscious would probably like me to. Why I don't, exactly, isn't entirely clear to me.

I am, by no means, anti-social in any respect; I'm incredibly social, although if I'm practically non-stop social for roughly a week and a half, I find that I can get socially exhausted and become partial in my responses to others. Like Kid Cudi said "I stay home alot, no TV, just my thoughts (and a heap of good weed)," minus that last part in brackets. (That's not to say that I have any objection to weed... it's just that I don't really seek it out; but I will, and have, smoked it when/if given the opportunity).
I'm more of the kind of person who values both alone time, as well as time with friends and/or family equally, and no, I'm not afraid to admit it like some would, usually fearing the negative opinion of others. Why they would care is truly beyond me.

When I am alone, I do, I guess, literally sit on my ass... but I'm not being unproductive.
My alone time is when I write my poems/songs, as well as stories, and blog posts such as this one; it's also the time when I practice my songs, or adapt my poems into songs, or record my songs to post on the net, etc. I also use this time to do research on different things that interest me, which ranges from different historical occurrences, to human psychology, to existentialist philosophy.

So, in a nutshell, what I'm trying to say is that I'm not afraid to be alone. The only possible way I would be afraid, is if I was condemned to be alone for the rest of my life, which I'm 100% sure will never happen unless everyone on this planet is wiped out, except for me.
Even then, there would.. probably.. be cats or dogs to keep me company... just like Will Smith in I Am Legend! So, it's really nothing anyone should worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.