Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

To Contradict Brian

So, in the spirit of good friendship, I am going to analyze and debunk everything that is visible on the front page of Brian Raimondo's blog, "To Contradict Kyran."

1: The Weekly Song Pick: Ain't No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephent.
No analyzation or debunking needed here. Except, maybe, the fact that Brian has nothing to do with this song... not that he claimed he did or anything... just thought I'd toss that out there for good measure.

2: Recommended Series -- Pure Pwnage
This one is a simple one to debunk. Why? Because this show is, without a doubt, not very funny.
Sure, I got a few chuckles, but that was all I got out of it. It is in no way measurable against shows such as The Simpsons, South Park, or yes, even Family Guy, which I have been found to be waning in quality humor as of late.
It's a completley immature, commercially driven series which tries to force chuckles out of the audience.

Done and done.

3: Two admins are better than one...
If you say so, Brian, but I'm the only admin for "It's a Friendly Inferno!" and I've got over 260 posts, of which about 98% are of good quality (based on my personal opinion).
I do have to admit, Thomas has got quite the repetoir of good wording, as well as superior spelling and grammar to Brian, who can't spell worth shit and types new posts like he would talk to someone over MSN or Facebook.

4: Culture Jamming FTW :D
Ok Brian, as if I was planning to take this seriously in the first place... but using 'FTW' and an emoticon crushed any chance there was that I was going to even give this a serious thought in the slightest sense of the word.
But I'll give you kudos on the Photoshop skill. That was clever. Even if the humor was abit more than slightly immature.

5: The blog's official mini poem
This is an easy one. For one, he spelt 'Hip' wrong in the first sentence, writing it as follows: 'Hipp.' Maybe it was some mislead, somewhat sad attempt to seem 'with the times,' but I mean- come on. I can already picture when he has children one day; there faces cringing in emberassment during Parent-Teacher conferences when he starts using internet slang to explain his son/daughters skill level in Biology: "Yeah, my son's pree 'leet when it comes to Bio, dood."
Aside from that, I'd have to say I appreciate the (slightly off-tempo) poetic beat he keeps, even in the last few sentences, when the poem itself is technically over.

6: Three day's grace- Break
This entire video is complete BS. I mean, come on. This isn't a cover.. it's as if he left his camera on while practicing! The least he could do is learn the song in full, and then show how skilled he truly is, by playing it with little or no mistake for avid (and obviously quite lonely) YouTuber's out there. All I can say is that I didn't have time to watch the entire video, because I was to busy not doing anything, which I needed more time to do, and not waste it on lesser things such as veiwing half-ass covers of songs that only seek to make people feel good about feeling bad. EEEMMOOOO.

7: Batman Jumps-- Poem by Tom Robins
There is absolutley nothing that needs to be debunked or mocked in this entire post, save for maybe Tom's misjudgement in where his poem can 'breed' more successfully (obviously the legit enclaves of It's a Friendly Inferno!). Aside from said misjudgment, this post is the greatest of the posts on Brian's blog, due to the fact that Brian had nothing to do with it.

1 comment:

  1. ohhhhhhhh good argument jerk face! have a nice day, in the deepest pits of new jersey!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.