Pages

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

An Attemped Frame-Up

Hello again, cyberspace. I guess I really don't have much to apologize for this time around, considering that I posted only a few days ago... therefore, for once, I won't.
I thought I'd just give everyone a quick update on how I'm doing.
The girlfriend I mentioned in Quick as Quick Updates Come and I broke up quite awhile ago, but it was for the best. That's all I'm really going to say, so I won't go to in-depth with that. We're still friends, and we talk without any real issue, so it's not as if we've lost each other.

Aside from that, I'm now passing my English class with 57%, which, as sad a mark as that is in the sense that I love writing, it's definitely an upgrade from my 38% only a month or so back. I really do resent the structure of the English language sometimes.
Also, I got a haircut; it's been cut to just above my eyes, so I can now see; but that's abit of a boring side of things. I thought I'd mention it more to the benefit of those who I have physically met in my lifetime, and who read my blog on occasion.

Some completely inconvenient, and rather uncalled for drama unfolded last night, which, although it really had nothing to do with me or my mom and step-dad, somehow grew to envelop me. There was loud banging downstairs, in the tenants loft, as well as aggressive screaming and yelling. It sounded as if someone may have been physically assaulted, although that side of the story didn't properly reveal itself until later. I tried to ignore it, or at least not get involved in any capacity, and although it continued, my mom and step-dad went to bed, with my mom advising that if there was a knock at the door, that I refrain from answering, and instead pretend no one is home.
Finally, 2 loud crashes drew my parents quickly back from out of bed, and they came downstairs, after calling the police, to listen for themselves. They then went back to bed, after most of it had subsided, and I was left alone downstairs on the computer, aimlessly browsing my Facebook as I seem to always do. Almost as soon as they were back upstairs, the male tenant came to the door and began knocking. After no response, he tried again. Still, I refrained from answering. He then tried to peek through the mail-slot and into the hallway, explaining, in detail, his side of the story on what chaos had occurred, stating that his wife had come home "piss-drunk" and caused the largest scene he's ever bore witness too.

After refusing to let her inside, she broke (or attempted to break) the door down (personally, I have yet to check for myself, and I don't remember any definitive statements confirming the door being broken, just that she had at least attempted to do so, hence one of the louder crashes). She continued in her attempt, and happened to leave only a few minutes before the RCMP showed up.

When he was done his mail-slot rant, he asked that either my mom or step-dad come to the door so he could have a word with one (or both) of them. Following my moms instructions, I pretended I wasn't home, and did an idiotically revealing thing by silently switching off one of the lamps, as to cause him to notice someone was attempting to pretend as if they weren't there. He laughed, said he didn't "blame anyone" for not wanting to come to the door, tried a few more times to get someone to respond, gave up, and then retreated back downstairs just in time for the cops to arrive at his door. Just after he retreated downstairs, both of my parents showed-up, and asked what had just happened. I explained it to them in detail, and as such, they decided to sit and listen once again as he came into light verbal conflict with the police officers. It quickly transformed into a friendly exchange, in which they all shared a few laughs and jokes after the tenant explained what had happened. Finally, after about half an hour or so, the police left.

The tenant then came back upstairs in an attempt to find either one of my parents and explain to them what had occurred. My mother was still reluctant, but my step-dad answered the door anyways, and they began to chum it up as the tenant explained exactly what had happened, and how it would "never happen again." He then veered off topic in this, and began pointing out times when we, upstairs, had made way to much noise for the downstairs tenants to deal with.
Most of them, I'll admit, were all fair enough; for example: on Labor Day weekend, I had a friend over, and we pulled an all-nighter. I admit we might have been abit to loud, and I apologized for that. It wasn't until he began stating that either my brother or I had held quite a few "wild parties" when neither my mom nor step-dad were around. It obviously wasn't my brother, because he just isn't the party social kind of guy. If anyone in the house was, it was me.

Now, he explained in detail all the 'crazy parties' I'd had, as well as all the 'young girls' I had apparently had over. Getting suspicious and annoyed at the tenant, as I couldn't recall anything even close to this nature ever occurring, I continued to hold my tongue until he pointed out an apparent incident in which someone, during one of these parties, had allegedly had sex in his car, stating that his wife found "the seats pushed all the way back, and a used condom on the floor" the following morning. Now it was getting harder and harder to hold my tongue as I sat there listening. It wasn't until he said that he had witnessed a group of about "6 or 7 young girls smoking and drinking" on the front porch. What really caused me to get angry enough to intervene is when my step-dad concurred with him, stating that he had driven past at the time of said party, and witnessed the girls smoking and drinking on the front porch as well.

Quite angry and annoyed, I (rudely, I'll admit) told my step-dad to "shut the fuck up." I believe he misinterpreted it as me attempting to use the masculine 'bro code' thing or whatever in order to get him to not 'rat me out,' when, in reality, it had nothing to do with that at all, as I was more aggressively annoyed because none of these apparent parties had ever happened on my watch, as I hadn't even become aware of them until the tenant had decided to bring them up for no real reason (aside from a way to cover his own ass for what had just happened, as well as other past 'incidents').

I'm still quite annoyed by all of it, especially considering the subsequent conflicts it caused between myself and my parents. Honestly, the only people I can see having parties with smoking and drinking are the next-door neighbors, whom I know to be stoners (very nice stoners, but still stoners). They're also the only people within the general area I could actually picture having sex in someone elses car. I mean, that's not to say they did, but I know I certainly didn't, and I also know I've never had any parties at this house, let alone parties of that nature. Oh well, I'm sure whatever really happened will reveal itself in time. All I know is that despite what the tenant said, I know what the truth is (at least from my perspective). If there was a party, or parties, I was completely unaware of them until last night.

Man, people can be incredibly annoying and strange sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.