Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Big Changes Await on the Approaching Horizon of my Near Future

and I'm sorry if my irrational capitalization of the most important words in the title pisses you off. It looks better that way.

Anyways, many large changes are hurtling my way within the next 3 weeks or so. At the end of this week, I'm giving my bosses at my current job my 2 weeks notice. Hopefully I'll still get some work in those 2 weeks, and hopefully they're kind enough to step-over some red-tape and get my pay to me before I head-off to Port Coquitlam to live with a good friend of mine and his mother for awhile. As soon as I get there, I'll be pounding the pavement yet again to look for some half-decent employment, which shouldn't be too hard, seeing as the Holiday season is coming up pretty quick. Consumer society will be looking for some extra hands to wrap presents and shit. I just hope I don't lose any job I gain after the Holiday season comes to a close in January.

I'm not heading directly down to Port Coquitlam, however. First off, I'll be heading down to Saltspring Island for the third time in 2 months to stay at my girlfriends house for 5 or 6 days before heading off to the city of Victoria just across the Georgia Strait in order to visit some friends of mine at the University of Victoria and attend a Halloween party in the area. After that, I'll finally be departing to my new home, but the drastic change will still stand as soon as I step on the ferry to Vancouver Island; I'm leaving my hometown I grew up in. I'm leaving my father and mother, my brother, my best friends, my good friends, my friends, my extended family, my co-workers and colleagues, the walks into town along the ocean route, the serene lakes and beautifully blissfull camping trips chalk-full of inebriated old friends and an endless window to outer-space... the bottom line is.. I'm leaving Powell River for greater suburbia and the big city.

I look forward to my coming adventures, and this act is me finally taking the dive into the beautiful abyss of my future... but I'll miss Powell River and (almost) everything about it. I'll be back to visit, of course... and it will still be home, but it will no longer be my residence.

What long hours of robotically carrying out orders in the workplace await? What nights of incredible experiences and people?
I look forward to discovering all of this, and much, much more.

1 comment:

  1. You'll be missed dude, we should chill more before that day comes.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.