Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Kyran Paterson-King and the Gamuffs of Adventure in the Great Big City.

I suppose that's what you could call it.

I've been looking around for a job- quite desperately, at this point.
I've finally decided to apply for what I suppose you could label as 'less than desirable' work. I won't mention directly what places these are, for fear of corporate spying in which they will deny me a position as soon as they see I have titled them as 'less desirable.' (Is that dictatorial? I think it is. Fuck you, I can say whatever I want about your company, even if I work for it. No! Wait, wait, wait... Especially if I work for it).

Anyways, aside from the desperate job hunt, which seems to be taking a toll on me, life has been quite good. Definitely an adventure. I suppose trying to separate 'the rest' of it from the stress of the job hunt is near impossible, as it's now permeated every other aspect of my life (for example: it's not uncommon to find me up at 1 in the morning sending out an endless stream of online applications to a large amount of places I probably had no idea existed until I decided to try and work for them, whilst browsing StumbleUpon in a separate tab).

I can't say life is bad, but it's not as good as it could be, or.. rather.. not as good as it needs to be if I want to make enough money to satisfy my goals and ambitions.
It is, in many ways, an endless adventure when you live in the big city, but the ability to take a break from said adventure is always available by simply taking a day to yourself at home in order to let it all process appropriately. It's also an interesting time to be in any major city with the whole Occupy Wall Street movement struggling to make itself a fact of modern life in the modern mind. However, the movement as a whole is having trouble maintaining its very existence, and although the issue has yet to turn violent here in Vancouver, it seems near inevitable that something of some sort of physical significance is going to occur should the strictly established set of city bylaws continue to be broken. What a petty pretext bylaws are.

I've also been playing a fair amount of the new hit video game, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. And I'm not going to lie, it is most certainly one of the greatest games I have ever played; all the way up there with games like Red Dead Redemption, Grand Theft Auto IV, Battlefield 3, and the previous two Elder Scrolls video games. I've also been doing a fair amount of reading, having recently read and finished Stephen Chbosky's book The Perks of Being a Wallflower which, I'm going to admit, is up there with some of the greats of literature in my mind. At the very least, it's up there with some of the greats of 20th century literature. I've also started a 'Books to Read' list, and began reading Jack Kerouac's On the Road and the somewhat 'too New Age for me' book titled The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield. So far, it is interesting, and although the writing is a little over simplified by my standards, Redfield has some interesting things to say (although I object to his adapting of his spiritual and philosophical ideas into the guise of an ancient Peruvian prophecy in the tradition of provocative adventures like Indiana Jones and the like).

Anyways, stay up-to-date with me and my blog, as I'm considering some ideas for brand-new short stories that have yet to be fully put-down on paper, even as drafts.
I'm going to play some Skyrim for the moment, however, and then possibly venture into the city with the friend of mine who I'm living with to see what adventures we may discover in the great and beautiful maze of Downtown Vancouver.

Peace out, blue planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.