Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

Katvolver versus Yeahbuddy2

The following is a debate that took place between August 13th and 18th 2009 via YouTube channel comments between myself (Kyran Paterson-King alias Katvolver) and Austin (whos last name is unknown, alias Yeahbuddy2).

For more information on my YouTube profile visit:
www.youtube.com/katvolver
For more information on Yeahbuddy2's YouTube profile visit: www.youtube.com/yeahbuddy2

***
The original comment, which provoked yeahbuddy2's response, was posted on YouTube user Catholirick's channel. The comment is as follows:

"Haha i do believe in Obama.. when I said that America had been leaning towards fascist policies lately I meant the Bush regime. Obama is still experiencing serious recoil due to the greed and idiocy of the previous administration.
Obama is doing the best he can with all that left over red tape in his way."

Yeahbuddy2 responded to that comment, and as such, the following debate ensued:

Yeahbuddy2:
"Saw your comment on Catholicrik's profile, and I must say, I was quite disturbed by what I read. Did Bush have his problems? Hell yes. But at least he didn't put the United States into deeper debt than ALL PREVIOUS PRESIDENTS COMBINED! Obama did that. And Obama's Cash for Clunkers plan, or what ever it was called, was supposed to last for 30 days but he ran out of money for it in 3. The man is woefully inept and ill prepared to rule a country. But hey, what better can one expect from a government that lets popularity decide who should rule?"

Katvolver:
"Obama put America in debt? Are you serious?? No he didn't. He's been tossed into the debt laden mess that Bush and Cheney have created by starting two wars aimed at imperial expansion, as well as the war meant to manipulate it's own populace to unquestioningly stand behind there failing government: the war on terror. Obama may not be fixing it, but he's doing the best he can. I can tell your opinions stem from racial biases, or else you would have given evidence to back up your claims."

"Oh, by the way, anyone who follows the lies of the bible as strictly as you do is certainly wrong. When one person suffers from dillusion, it's called insanity; when many people suffer from dillusion, it's called religion. Heavy conservative right wings like you have alot you need to learn."

Yeahbuddy2:
"Racial bias? You are blind sir. Blind as can be. Your own hatred blinds you. Your own ignorance blinds you. I pity you, sir. I really do. I honestly don't give a damn whether Obama is white, black, yellow, or red. He can be a mutt for all I care. The man is incompetant, woefully inept, and completely unprepared. Welcome to reality. It's not the blissful ignorance of your fanciful bubble, but it's the way the world is."

Katvolver:
"Blinded by my own hatred? Sir, I hate very little in this world. Very very little. I don't hate you; I respect your views as a human being, even if I stand against almost all of them.
For example; I am entirely against your view that democracy is wrong and a monarchy is right; sure, democracy has its flaws, as does every other political system that has ever existed.
No single person should ever have control of an entire country and everything that country has at its disposal. Especially now in the nuclear age; image a King gone mad with power, who seems to think his power comes from God, clicking a big red button, and all of a sudden there's no New York City or Chicago; no more London, or, at worst, no more anything."

"Also, I'm an agnostic atheist, which means I believe there could be a God, but it's just as likely that that same God happens to be Ronald McDonald or Chuck Norris. Or maybe even an inanimate object such as a chair; who knows? Certainly not you, so stop pretending like you do.
As such, probability tells me there is no God.
I also believe that all faith is blind; even the faith you put in your friends to do the right thing in a wrong situation; although this is more likely to be correct due to the fact that there physical and mental existence can be easily proven, unlike any almighty deity.

So, I advise not only you, but everyone else in the world, to give everything the benefit of the doubt, and never ever put definitive blind faith in anything."

Yeahbuddy2:
"Your argument against monarchy is that you fear what a King would do with nuclear power? Remind me again, who is the only country in the world to have actually NUKED a human city? And just what system of government did that country have? My memory must be failing, because I was unaware that Harry S Truman was the King of the Kingdom of America. I was certain he was the President of the United States of America, a democratic state. How silly of me! No democracy would EVER use nuclear weapons against innocent life! Wake up to the facts, boy! Democracies have killed more people in the name of ''freedom'' in the last century than any monarchy ever slew."

"And your lack of faith is your own blindness. For the very heavens declare the glory of the Lord! And the fool hath said in his heart, ''there is no God''. I am saddened for you, because you know not what the Love of Christ feels like. For me, there is no greater comfort than knowing that my sins are forgiven. No greater comfort than knowing that a poor, worthless wretch like me, was worth dying for! Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me! I once was lost, but now am found! Was blind but now I see!"

Katvolver:
"How frighteningly poetic.
If you can prove to me the existence of a God (which doesn't mean tell me to look around, and I'll see all the proof I need, because that's faith, not proof), I'd happily bow down to him in the hopes that he'll do me a little favor now and then.

Oh, also note, America is not only the only democracy to ever bomb a human city with a nuke, it's the only country to ever do such as thing. So what you said is hardly about democracy; it's about America.
And no, not true. If you leave America out of the equation, democracy is entirely harmless.
Monarchies, fascists, and communists have each killed more people then democracy has."

Yeahbuddy2:
"Proving God's existence wouldn't make you love Him. For Pete's sake, even Alexander the Great acknowledged Adonai's existence, but he never worshipped or loved Him. God's not looking for your approval or acknowledgement.

And the fact that America is the only country to ever do such a thing only adds to my statement. And if you think all other democracies are harmless, then you forget the French Revolution, or Cromwell's Commonwealth, or the democratically elected Adolf Hitler, or the IRA (who just so happen to be defending an Irish REPUBLIC)."

"And what about the fact that the usurper government which has ruled the Isles since 1688 to this day restricts the rights of some people solely on account of religion? Where's the fraternity and equality there? Why must Catholics renounce their doctrines in order to hold public office? King James II (VII) believed in religious tolerance, but I suppose that since he was an absolutist, that must mean religious tolerance is one of those bad, tyrannical ideals that freedom loving people everywhere should hate."

Katvolver:
"You seem to be arguing in a manner that suggests that you believe I see things quite narrowly.
Look, I never said all democratically elected governments are good. Some are pure evil.
And I never said that all Kings and Queens are bad people; just that the amount of power at there disposal should never be wielded by any single person, and certainly not without restraints.

I'm certainly not going to defend the government that rules the Isles, because it sounds like they're very discriminatory. But, as long as it's democratic, I defend the form of government."

The debate ends there. It has been 2 days since his last reply. If enough new content appears, I will post a second part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.