Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

A Shrunken World

I find it strange how, when you work at a job site (or even on a school campus), the world seems so much smaller and concentrated in one area (most notably when there's very little going on, and very few people actually on-site).

That's not to say it isn't worth it in most cases, but it always seems to leave you with an empty, bored feeling right up until the moment you're given the exact amount you worked for.
It makes me wonder, though, why we waste those precious moments of our life earning paper and metal that only really has any meaning to us, so we can spend it all on the things we need to remain in the exact same circumstance we're already in; and then we complain that our lives are unsatisfying and incomplete.

I say, break out of that viscous circle. I'm not saying that you shouldn't work at all, I'm saying improvise and spice it up as much as your heart desires.
For me, it'd be working somewhere for awhile, buy only the bare-essentials, and save up to travel around different parts of the world. As soon as I'd decided I'd made enough, I would plan and prepare for a week or two. As soon as my last payday comes around following the planning stage, I'd quit the job and go to whichever country (or part of the country I'm already in) and explore around there. If I really liked the place, I might decide I want to move there, or at least live there for awhile. As such, I'd find a temporary place there, make moving arrangements, and get my belongings shipped to wherever it is that I happen to be.
While they're in transit, I'd start looking for a job.

See? That's only an idea, but it's certainly feasible.
Think about doing things like that. There's no need to be trapped in the same old situation day-in and day-out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.