Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

I was safe from the bears, but not from my friends.

Need I apologize for my internet absence yet again? Aw what the hell, I'll do it anyways. I'm sorry I have been absent from the blogging scene for the past week or so, but as I've stated before, I've been busy with summer, which has been quite a blast, both prior to, and since the publication of my last article, The Existentialists Eternal Intrigue.
For the past 4, probably closer to 5 days, I've been camping out at a lake in the deep woods south of town; an incredibly hard place to find if you've never heard of it before, to be honest.
I was camping out there with about 7 or 8 friends of mine, repeating the same basic routine everyday: wake-up, have breakfast, chill out and chat, go swimming/ canoeing, return to the campsite, chill out some more, and then make dinner, followed by even more chilling out. To say the least, as repetitive as it got by the fourth day, it was still quite alot of fun.

What kind of dragged the fun-factor down a considerable amount is the fact that I was the one and only target for constant annoyance, practical jokes, insults, and eventually, physical assault due to unjustified overreaction after I playfully attempted to play along with the jokes and insults despite the fact that it was getting to me inside. For my only playfully resistant action, I got a hard kick in the groin and more name-calling, followed by me deliberately disappearing for about 5 hours due to being so upset. Needless to say, the 3 or 4 friends that were always targeting me felt extremely bad, and refrained from doing so for the most part for the remainder of the trip. I can't say I'm not angry at them still, though, and I've vowed to really give them a piece of my mind if anything similar happens again. I'd even be willing to drop them as friends in the event that they continue to target me regardless.

Aside from that dimension of the trip, with absolutely zero sarcasm I can say that it was actually a blast. I'd be willing to do it again this summer, but like I said, I wouldn't be aimlessly taking abuse any more. Chances are, that if certain friends of mine read this post, they'd just brush it off and say I was being a 'pussy.' Frankly, if that's the stance they take towards my emotions, I'd like to drop them entirely and find real friends, who really like me for who I am. So far, some of my current friends have been less than impressive in the acceptance department.

Anyways, I apologize for the rant, I just needed to get abit of my chest, and put my thoughts into words as so I could register everything that happened just a bit easier. Peace out, blue planet, and enjoy the remainder of the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.