Pages

Monday, January 3, 2011

John Marston has Died, but 2011 has been Born.

Good evening, blue planet.

This is my first official post of 2011, and I apologize for not having posted sooner... or on New Years Day itself, as I did last year, when I left a quick note welcoming 2010 into our world. Now, I, as well as the rest of the world, have said goodbye to 2010, and hello to the first real part in a brand new decade. 2010 acted as both an epilogue to the previous decade, as well as a prologue to the next. Now that such denouements and introductions are over, I fully welcome the slowly rising action in this new chapter of my life. Where it'll meet its first climax is hard to say; but if it hasn't reached the start of the climax, or at least the initial incident by the time I graduate, it won't be too long at all until I find a large obstacle that needs to be properly navigated above or around on the first leg along the long road of my life. I look forward to further living.

Earlier today, I beat the video game Red Dead Redemption, and although some may not care to hear about my video gaming exploits, I would have to say the Red Dead is easily one of the greatest games I've played. Game play wise, it's one of the largest explorable worlds I've ever experienced via a television screen, it's got some of the most realistic guns and weapons play I've ever seen, and it's got the greatest physics I've ever seen in a video game, ever. Story wise, its philosophical, ethical, moral, and historical value is incredible. Throughout the game you see how much different things change; you see the Old West as it slowly fades into modernity; you see historically represented wars and revolutions set the stage for further wars and revolutions by those who are now bound to repeat them; you see old friends wither and die, or awaken and blossom; and you see the protagonists develop further, proving you never cease to learn in life, regardless of how much you think you may know.

Alongside all of the above, the game also allows for freedom of choice. In a way similar to Grand Theft Auto, you may choose to become a mass murderer, killing and looting the bodies of innocent civilians; yet, unlike GTA, you lose honor and credibility from such actions, and gain a perpetual suspicion from the general populace (for good reason).
The scenery and animal wildlife is also incredible, causing that, as well as all of the above, to create probably the most realistic game-world available on the market.

Anyways, despite my slight urge to stay up a bit late on a school night, I should probably wrap this up and head to bed. Good night, blue planet, and Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.