Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

The Perfect Age for Children, and the 7 Phases of the Next 2 Years

Last week, my girlfriend and I got into a heated debate over the age at which it is truly necessary, as well as acceptable, to have children.
Now, to make sure no one misinterprets this post, that doesn't mean children between us. We're much to young to bet in such a hefty direction, much to young. Instead, we simply got into a circumstantial and philosophical debate on what age is the best to reproduce and continue the human race.

She believes that in or around 25 is the best age, as you're 'not to young,' and 'not to old,' so, in a way, you too get to 'grow up alongside your children.' Voicing my honest opinions in a teasing tone, I told her that I believed that to be naive, and too young for such a responsibility.

I saw her side to the argument (despite her telling me that 'I don't understand'), but I still saw it as a naive view to have, as well as obvious in its creation via the influence of parents and other people close to her.

It doesn't make it wrong, as it's not as if one would be incapable of taking care or of loving children at that age; it is simply robbing said person of any long-term period that could be used for leisure, freedom, and personal growth (like Scroobius Pip said in the song "Get Better," 'you've got to build yourself a little, before you decide to build build them').
She countered by saying that it would be nice to build yourself a little alongside building them, and that way, you and your children can grow together. I saw her point, but still disagreed with it. For some reason, the idea of wanting to have children so young still spurs feelings of annoyance at my perceived naivety of such a goal.

Personally, I would say 30 is the ideal age, as you're still biologically able to healthily reproduce, and you're not to old; yet you've had time to both grow up, and personally experience the world on your own, without hefty responsibilities partially or entirely holding you back; even if such responsibilities are sincerely spiritually fulfilling... you'll find them much more fulfilling if you're able to allure your children into a sense of curiosity about the world with your stories of adventure, as well as simply living on this planet of ours. That's not to say they wouldn't grow up curious about the world otherwise, but it is to say there will be times when your lack if expedience will hinder your children's potential world-view.

I guess in the general sense of other people, I'm pretty neutral on people (deliberately) having children in or around the age of 25, but when I try to relate myself as to being in their shoes, I feel as if they're blowing many potential aspects of their lives by doing so, whether they have the soundest of arguments in their favor or not; they've now tied themselves to an iron ball in which they won't be able to escape for maybe more than 2 or 3 weeks, maximum.

All I know is, that after I graduate and get a job, I want to have the freedom and ability to simply quit that job anytime I like, without putting any family of mine under financial duress for selfish and self-fulfilling reasons. During the next 13 years, I would like to go to school again and take what I wish; but I'd also like to take maybe a year (or two) off after high-school as to both work, as well as travel. I plan on 7 phases: the first phase will be working as to earn enough money to move to a new locale; the second phase will be moving to said location and establishing myself to a satisfactory extent (ex: a job and a home at the bare minimum); the third phase will be saving enough money to make sure I can still pay the rent while absent from the country for upwards of 3 months, as well as 2 months afterwards, so I have a time to reestablish myself following my return to the country; the fourth phase will be making enough money to travel for 3-4 months; the fifth phase will be choosing a country/ continent/ region, and developing a general game plan. The sixth phase will be travelling there, as well as doing what I came to do (generally, explore and experience), and returning by the end of the 4th month (latest). The seventh, and final phase will be reestablishing myself (ex: finding a new job, or returning to the old one). I plan on repeating phases 3-7 at least three more times before I begin a serious saving plan for post-secondary schooling, which will most likely begin with Community College, and fade into either University, or College in general.

Life will be good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.