Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

'Hedonism,' and 'What it is that Society Owes me by its Very Nature.'

I am so much of a hedonist that I have come to believe that society owes me more than it really does.
And I need to humble myself in some way, shape, or form by properly putting the bare-bones of what I do believe society intrinsically owes me into writing:

1: Society owes me respect. That means, not beating me down or neglecting me because of anything I have thought or said about the concepts I must live within the constraints of.

2: Society owes me freedom. That means, all of the basic democratic freedoms, but also the freedom to live outside of societal conventions and not be made to feel as if I am doing something wrong in doing so.

3: Society owes me opportunities. If I could become financially comfortable as a result of doing something I love, it may not be contributing to the manual labor aspect of our sterile economy, but it does indeed stimulate it in some way, shape, or form.

4: Society owes me the right to dissidence. That means, no suppressing my discontent with the status quo, or marginalizing me as a result of my strong political views. It means I should not be looked on as a problem to society as a whole, so much as part of the solution, even if the problem itself is unsolvable.

5: And most importantly, society owes me the right to live. That means, not stealing a majority of my time on this Earth from me by bogging me down with school (unless I so choose to be there) or jobs; especially minimum wage jobs. I refuse to toss my life away in order to stimulate an entirely abstract mathematical construct and gain my meager share of the symbolic value in order to simply exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.