Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Random Question Self Interview: "Because Asking the Right Questions is the Answer."

Where do you feel completely safe and secure?
I feel completely safe and secure in my hometown of Powell River, whether I'm at my moms house, dads house, or a friends house. Or simply romping around town in general; it's a pretty safe place to be.
I also feel completely safe and secure in my significant others arms.
I know that's cheesy as fuck. Shut up.

What would make the world a better place right now?
A lot of things. That depends what you mean when you ask the question. Do you mean in a realistic sense, as in what could potentially occur right now? Because in that case... the success of the Occupy Wall Street movement would make the world a better place right now.

What do you typically do when you're sad?
I rant. A lot.
Both to myself, and to those who I'm close with, whether it's myself, my significant other, my mom, my dad, one of my best friends, or a friendly stranger. I always need to vent it.
I also enjoy simply zoning out watching TV, reading a good book, or playing video games. As well as sleeping, or pro-actively looking for ways to make the situation a better one.

What's something you can't stop doing?
Thinking about how much I want to be exploring the world right now.
I've been in that state of mind for the past 4 or 5 years.

What's something you need to start doing more often?
Working out.
And not just my token 2 sets of push-ups, and 2 sets of crunches. Nor how much I do tend to walk in a general sense (all of which is good for me, but I want to start working out in a more substantial sense).
I also need to start meditating.

What do you need to stop doing to yourself?
I need to stop having occasional episodes of pessimistic and fatalistic anxiety just because I'm feeling lonely, out of place, or worried about something.

What memory do you wish you could remember more clearly?
I'm not sure.
All of them.
But not in the sense that they're always on my mind... just that I can vividly pull them out of my head anytime I feel like it.

What has been complicating your life lately?
Plenty of things.
Confusing work schedules, work in a general sense, the distance between me and my significant other, medical issues like my skin and my ears, and just being in a new environment all-together.
Not that I'm complaining. It is what it is.

What are you looking for in life right now?
Freedom.
In the sense that I could get up and go travel the world right now on a whim. So, I suppose, I've been half-heartedly seeking financial freedom, like the rest of the Western world.
Also, I've been looking to properly re-center myself and return to my general bass-line of happiness that I had throughout my life in Powell River.

What are you addicted to?
Technology, I suppose.
However, I could live without it, I just very much prefer it.

What's something you should never waste? 
An individuals unique spirit, as well as compassion and love in all of its forms.

What's something you can always lose yourself in?
Browsing the internet, writing poetry or music, and spending time with those who I'm close to; as well as adventuring.

What should you avoid to avoid heartache? 
Superficial people, like wanna-be Jersey Shore guidos and girls, or those who over-indulge in the pick-up scene. However, some heart-ache is always an inevitability... but if you stick to genuine people, you're guaranteed to have a happy life.

What must you do to be happy?
Be making money doing something I love, or living in a situation in which I do not need money. I also need to be indulging in my passions and hobbies, as well as have lots of time to travel, spend time with friends and family, as well as relax with unstructured time, and be with my significant other.

What makes you feel comfortable? 
Kind, friendly people in an interesting and friendly atmosphere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.