Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

All That

The sunrise swept me right under the mat
As the night kept me sleeping with thoughts of 'all that.'

I understood questions like I understood answers,
And the denser the wording, the darker the mountain of thought and elation
I kept still and patient
As all I could think of was what was adjacent to the fire inside me
Don't you confine me!
You may stand beside me if what it is that you want

Is a question to answer your question and answer;
It always did take an attempt to transfix the great trance of condition;
Fill me with emissions
Of your concept pollution and speak to coalitions
Of dying musicians, wrought with inhibitions
As they realize they're just a bit late for auditions.

So cry me a river!
Life's an Indian giver
And don't shiver with the thought that in mind you will quiver with fright,
And consignment
What kind of words could be used to
Prove
It's not all
Just a dream.

And the gleam in your eyes, I will always remember.
They glowed in the bright misplaced sun of September,
Which carried on well into the month of November.
To live, you must sign your unconditional surrender,
To 'all this' and the rest of our world in this cloud;

The bliss of a kiss and a fist that speaks loud,
We understood what we could as we held hands with the crowd
Of the distant, indifferent, aware, and unsaid;
It's strange when you consider 'all this' while in bed.

So rip me the bits and tape me back together,
Like I'm an arts craft you work on in bad weather.
Forget the instructions and make me whoever;
Use your imagination; be bold, and be clever!

Because the sunrise swept me right under the mat
As the night kept me sleeping with thoughts of 'all that.'

I understood answers like I understood questions,

And discovered 'existence' is just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.