Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2012

"18 Thought-Provoking Questions," courtesy of HighExistence

1. If you could make a 30 second speech to the entire world, what would you say?
I would probably appeal to relaxation (which, strangely enough, is completely not where I've been coming from as of late, although it is still the basis of who I am in theory), and tell everyone to listen or read Alan Watts at least once in their lifetime. Even if it's only a 1 hour lecture online, or a single book.. much of it would assist the world on a road to collective enlightenment in the strangest and most honest of ways.

2.If you were going to die at midnight, what would you be doing at 11:45 pm?
You know, I'll never know for sure unless it actually occurs to me, but I could see myself doing one of many things. Perhaps making love, or spending time just having one last intellectual conversation with friends or loved ones.. perhaps simply saying goodbye, advising on how to deal with my passing.. maybe I would meditate until I faded away. Or, I could pull an Aldous Huxley and go on an LSD or mescalin death trip.
As of right now, I see myself simply writing one last song, jamming on my own with a guitar.
Perhaps an intimate loved one would be present.. or friends and family. Who knows?

I certainly don't.

3. How do you really know anything for sure?
You don't.

4. If you had all the money in the world but still had to have some kind of job, what would you choose to do? 
Investigative journalism a majority of the time.. however, I would partake a more in-depth pursuit of my artistic endeavors.. writing, music making, etc.

5. When you’re 90 years old, what will matter most to you?
Probably whatever family I have at that time. Perhaps I will be an old, silent Bodhisattva. Perhaps I'll just be me.

But yeah, I'm going to assume my family.

6. What do you regret most so far in life?
My inability to sustain long-term relationships due to my own deeply entrenched insecurities which eventually boil above the attempted spectacle of my bravado.

7. How can you apply the lesson you learned from that regret to your life today?
By being honest with an intimate loved one about said insecurities and leaving it up to them to take it or leave it.. as well as not allowing said insecurities to ever compromise my base self or future relationships.

8. What would you change if you were told with 100% certainty that God does not exist? Or if you don’t believe in God, that he does exist?
Probably not a whole lot, to be honest (I being one who does not believe in the Judaeo-Christian God, per se, but I do think I grasp what 'God' is meant to represent).

9. If you lost everything tomorrow, whose arms would you want to run into? Does that person know how much they mean to you? 
I don't think I'd run into any particular persons arms at this point in my life.
I'd appeal for a little help from friends and family, perhaps.. but I wouldn't want to lay the burden of my subsistence on any individual person.

I honestly don't have an individual I would run to even in a sentimental sense. I'm not sure if this implies loneliness, or independence.

Perhaps a little bit of both.

10. Do you fear death? If so, do you have a good reason? 
Well, I fear death as much as the next person. Not that I don't accept it as I don't have much of a choice.. but I'm certainly nowhere near ready to let myself fall to death quite yet.. even as someone who sees reincarnation as a very likely possibility. There's still plenty I would like to do as Kyran Paterson-King.

11. What would you change if you knew you were NEVER going to die?
I probably wouldn't worry so much about long-term goals and the like. I would work without much of a worry for the future, seeing as I'm not victim to finite time.

12. If you were at heaven’s gates, and God asked “why should I let you in?”, what would you say? 
I am just as much God as you are. You lose a part of yourself in denying me.
(Although I know that what God is meant to represent cannot, by its very nature, deny anything).

13. When will you be good enough for you? Is there some breaking point where you will accept everything about yourself? 
I have no idea when I will be good enough for me. I like to pretend I am.. and at a base point, I obviously have no choice (not that I mean that in a submissive 'victim-mentality' sort of way; I certainly am happy to be who I am), but there are times in my life when I am more accepting and whole-hearted towards myself than others. This is a time where I feel a little off, for whatever reason.

As for the breaking point; perhaps there is. I can't really say.

14. Is the country you live in really the best fit for you? 
Not with the current Harper majority government; of course, that's only speaking in a political sense. In all technicality and honesty, I don't believe in nation-states. I do love the Pacific Northwest, however.

I do, however, see myself living in Europe someday, even if only to try it on for size.

15. What would people say about you at your funeral? 
I'm not sure. Ask them.

16. What small thing could you do to make someone’s day better? 
Many different things. 'Smile' is the cheesy and obvious one. Offer them assistance, start a conversation.. who knows. The options are infinite.

17. (If you believe in god) would your relationship with god change it all if you were told with 100% certainty that he was actually a she? 
God is neither a he nor a she. To assume either, even in the employment of convenient metaphor, is an ignorant and archaic practice.

18. What do you believe stands between you and complete happiness?
My 'solipsistic' anxieties about existence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.