Pages

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Co-ordination is Key, and the Stars Mean Something to Everyone

Well, I thought I'd post a quick update on how I'm doing and what I've been up to lately.
Today, I began learning the song "See You Soon" by Coldplay on my acoustic guitar, and have actually gotten so far as to think I may possibly have it mastered within a week. The next thing to tackle will be singing while strumming (without mistake).

I may (this isn't for sure) have a video up on YouTube of me covering "See You Soon" by the end of the month. Other songs I wish to learn on the guitar are as follows:

"Yellow" by Coldplay (was attempting to learn it yesterday, but only ended up custom tuning the guitar and finding out there are ways of playing it that don't require any strange tuning),

"Viva la Vida" by Coldplay (have already started learning it),

"Violet Hill" by Coldplay (tried to learn it, but failed miserably),

"Ticket to Ride" by the Beatles (was the first song I attempted to learn, but I only ended up getting as far as learning the intro),

"Hey There Delilah" by the Plain White T's (a friend tried to teach me, but it was 3 in the morning and I didn't much feel up to it),

"God Put A Smile Upon Your Face" by Coldplay,

and "Star Wars Main Theme" by John Williams (this one is certainly not a priority).

Something else I've been up to is writing a song, as well as planning another; the song I'm currently writing is codenamed "Shiny," but it won't retain this name following completion. I'm thinking of calling it either "Opulence," "Apocalyptic Creed," "Blue to the Bone," or "Opulent Blue." Yes, I'm aware of the fact that these names are the greatest I've ever come up with.
The other I plan to write already has a definite name and chorus, and will include the same custom tuning as the Coldplay song "Yellow." The song will be called "The Stars Mean Something to Everyone," but I don't plan to tackle that project until I've almost mastered strumming and singing at the same time.

As always, I wish everyone a great summer, and don't worry, another full-fledged article will make its way to my blog ASAP!
Peace out, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.