Pages

Friday, July 10, 2009

My Summer So Far

Well, I decided I'd share what I've been up to for the past 3 or so weeks with the world due to lack of anything better to do.
Anyways, just prior to my final exams, I picked up a Roadsense for Drivers handbook at my local ICBC insurance branch, and actually got quite far into it on the first day; page 34.
Since then, I haven't read any further into it, and still haven't taken the knowledge test to earn my L (Learners) license. I intend to do so before the end of the month, so I'm not waiting to get my N for longer then I need to next year.

After final exams, I just spent a week hanging out with friends and relaxing at home until I went back in to pick up my report card. The tension was killing me as I slowly turned the card over to read my final marks; thankfully, I passed everything with higher then a C.
Since then, I've either been spending time with friends or family, or otherwise been relaxing at home playing video games, writing blog posts, or practicing guitar.
I've also started writing a song; its name for the time being is Shiny, but I'm 100% sure that won't be the final title. That'd be kind've lame if it was.
So far, all I've got is the chorus for the song, and I'm still screwing it up when practicing; mostly due to the whole concept of 'singing while strumming.'

July 1st was Canada Day, and I had a great time. I slept over at my best friends place, and we played video games until 12:15 AM in the morning, when he decided he was to tired to stay up any longer due to the fact that he had been working all day with his dad. I understood, but that didn't stop me from bugging him about it.
Both of us got up ridiculously early for a summer day; 7:30 AM.
We then played video games for a couple of hours, and then had some breakfast.
After that, his girlfriend texted him, and we met up with her near the mall (and just as a sidenote: his girlfriend is also a best friend of mine).

We then met up with another couple of friends (both girls; again, just a friendly sidenote) and one of them decided that we should go see her moms baseball game in another part of town known as Wildwood prior to the Canada Day celebrations at Willington Beach at around 7:30 PM.
Just as we were sorting out money to pay for the bus ride for each of us at a friends house, that friends mom came and told us there was a fire just down the street.
Curious, each of us walked down there; it was some sort of industrial fire at a small construction lot. To this day, I still have no knowledge as to how it occurred.
After watching it for about 5 minutes, the smell of burning plastic made it hard for me to breath, so we all walked back and continued to sort out the money for each of us.
After about an hour, we had all the money sorted out, as well as the bus times, so we walked down to the bus stop at the mall and waited only about 2 minutes before getting on the right bus.

About 20 minutes later, we were in Wildwood, and due to the fact that the game wasn't for another 45 minutes, we decided to spend some time in the playground of my old school, James Thompson Elementary.
After half-an-hour of playing around, resurrecting memories I never thought I'd remember again (such as memories of me and my old best friend being loners near the large blue tire that wasn't very far from the exit gate), we walked to the area where the baseball game was taking place; Sunset Park, which is only about a 5 minute walk from James Thompson.

After watching the game for about an hour, me and a few friends walked another friends younger sister over to the swings on the opposite side of the park. After ranting pointlessly while swinging on the swings, I decided to go down to the lower field and just relax while cloud watching (sadly, it was a clear day, so minus the clouds).

After about another hour, the baseball game came to an end and we hitched a ride to Willington Beach with a friends dad, but not without stopping to attempt to extort my mom of some of the money she owed me. After about 5 minutes, I finally got 10 of the 20 dollars she owed me due to chores, and we rode to Willington Beach.

We walked around the busy beach aimlessly, occasionally purchasing a snack or two while we waited for the Canada Day fireworks which were scheduled to be held at around 11 PM.
Finally, a couple of hours later, we sat down on the slightly damp yet comfortable grass to watch the fireworks with legions of different people representing different parts of my small hometown of Powell River (with an estimated population of about 19,000 or so).
The fireworks were incredible; after about 3 of the spectacular explosions, I decided to be a bit conspicuous and stood up, only to fall to my knees with the next incredible array of lights to yell "I give you light!"
"I give you fire!"
"I give you Jesus!"

No one except my friends really noticed (thankfully) due to the already loud sound of a cheering crowd.

Following the fireworks, everyone dispersed and went home. I and another friend of mine walked my best friend (who you'll know as Brian Raimondo from To Contradict Kyran) back to his place.
I grabbed my guitar from his place, drank a quick glass of water, slung my pretty instrument on my back, and walked back home along the highway.
A quarter into my short journey home, I saw a generally large group of people near the back of a car along the highway. I was a bit nervous, but continued to walk towards them.
Finally, I got close enough and saw one of them was an acquaintance of mine due to the fact that he's the older brother of an old friend of mine. He knew who I was and told his friends "No, look, it's Kyran." A friend of his observed the guitar on my back and asked "Oooh, are you gonna play a song for us?"
Comically, I responded, "Have you got 20 bucks?"
He just chuckled and said, "Aww, no."
The brother of that old friend of mine nodded to me and said "You have a good Canada Day, Kyran."
Smiling, I replied, "Yeah, you to."

After another while of walking, I made it home safely. I then sat down at my moms laptop and began playing some video games until 2 AM, when I finally went up to bed.

I had a pretty slow week or so following, until my mom and her boyfriend decided they wanted to go camping on the gulf island of Texada, which I've mentioned in a couple of previous posts (see Islas de San Felix (Texada Island) and New Features).
They said I could invite a friend, so I invited Brian (who's girlfriend lives on Texada).
That weekend, Texada's own local holiday, Sandcastle Weekend, was taking place, so we were lucky to get a spot at any camping sight, let alone the most popular of camping areas, Shelter Point Provincial Park.
While there, we spent time with Brian's girlfriend, as well as her friends on the island, and I met a group of cool new people who, prior to that weekend, were 'friends of a friend.'
On the Saturday night prior to going back to Powell River, we spent alot of the night with those new friends of ours, and Brian's girlfriend left for Powell River so she could catch the ferry the next day to Comox on Vancouver Island, as so they could drive down to the city of Victoria, so she (and a friend of hers, who's also a friend of mine) could get on a ferry to Washington State in the U.S. so she could spend 15 days down there with her mom.
She's still there to this day, and will be coming back in just over a week or so.

On the Sunday following, we went and checked out the Sandcastle Weekend celebrations in one of the small Texada Island communities, known as Gillies Bay. We checked out some pretty neat sandcastle sculptures, and then drove down to a (so called restricted) swimming area near the ferry to Powell River; an old abandoned quarry. Quite a beautiful area, and the water was incredible both in looks and feel.

We then took the next ferry home, dropped Brian off at his place, and headed back to the house.
Over the week, one of the new friends of mine has threatened to come over to Powell River and hang out, and finally, yesterday, he was able to, and he invited me to go to a movie, but I was going to my dads house for the weekend so I thought it better that I didn't go due to the fact that I didn't see my dad very often.
That brings us to today; I woke up at around 1 PM after staying up late playing video games on my brothers X-Box 360.
I showered, changed, ate some breakfast, and then decided to add some tags to previous blog posts as to increase there exposure. Then I decided to write this blog post.

Hope you enjoyed it, and I'll keep everyone updated on how the rest of my summer goes.
Peace out, and have a great summer to everyone that reads this post. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.