Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Evidence thay my house may be haunted.

Well, I'm going to cut to the chase immediately; no need for any introduction, you all should know who I am, so here's some evidence of this strange, slightly frightening possibility:

1: Every October, I swear I can hear someone whispering my name from my closet, waking me up at least three times a night. Initially, I was terrified, but have learned just to go back to sleep after it wakes me up. It's not enough dialogue to be definitive, because its faint enough that it could just be my imagination interpreting some other sort of sound to seem as if its saying my name. Although strangely, its enough to wake me up.

2: Once, about a year ago (June of 2008 I believe, prior to the existence of this blog), I walked past my brothers room which had the door wide open, revealing quite a typically large mess, and a mattress sitting on his bed frame without any sheets, pillows, or blankets.
Absolutely no one was home (my brother had gone to stay at a friends place overnight, and my mom was at some party at a bar down the street). I kept walking, and went to go grab something from my room.
When I was walking back downstairs, I glanced into my brothers room once again, and saw that the mattress was no longer on his bed frame, but was instead propped against the wall on the opposite side of the room.
Alarmed, I quickly called up a friend of mine and frantically told him what had just happened.
He seemed quite alarmed as well, but after about 5 minutes he began to take it in a much lighter, more comical tone (to my annoyance).

3: Just the other day, at around 6 or 7 in the evening, 3 or 4 pots and a pan which were all on the stove away from areas to which they could preemptively just topple to the floor (or, if one was the topple to the floor, the others would still remain where they were). Instead, out of nowhere, there was a loud bang. I went to go check it out from where I was in the living room, and found all the pots and the pan that had previously been on the stove on the floor.
At first, my mom was worried it was the rodents which had recently been exterminated from our home; my moms boyfriend was quick to point out that, for one, the rats where supposed to be gone, and for two, there was no way these rodents could have pushed these pots and pans off the stove; or, if they could, they certainly couldn't have simultaneously and gotten away quick enough for me to not notice.
My mom then suggested that it might have been one or both of the cats which live here as well; my moms boyfriend was quick to inform her that both cats were behind the door to the upstairs, and had been for about an hour or two.

4: My moms boyfriend told me that one night not to long ago, he came downstairs for some reason, and as he was descending the stairs he could hear one of the cats meowing quite loudly as if she was in a fight or being handled roughly; at first, he thought it might have been that both cats had gotten into some kind of brawl with each other.
As soon as he opened the door, the cat quickly ran to him and huddled very close to his legs, her eyes wider then he had ever seen them, and her tail sticking straight up.
He quickly looked around for the other cat, but after searching downstairs for a few minutes, he peaked outside and saw the other cat was lying lazily on the lawn. There was no way both cats had fought it out.
He also informed me that he couldn't sleep for the rest of that night due to him feeling as if he was being watched.

5: Another thing my moms boyfriend told me was that at times, he could inexplicably smell roses, despite that absence of any roses or perfumes of such nature in the house.
This piece of evidence is probably easily explainable though, so I wouldn't look to it to attempt to prove anything, although it is a curious occurrence (personally, I have experience nothing of that nature, but then again, my nose tends to be quite stuffy alot of the time).

6: This occurrence, which took place last night, is the occurrence which prompted me to look at all these strange occurrences abit more seriously; at around midnight, a large fan in the living room which is always seems to be on nowadays due to the heat, jerked all the way down, and then all the way back up on its supporting poll.
I didn't actually see it personally, despite my prescence in the room, but my moms boyfriend who was playing his PlayStation 2 saw it. I can vouche for him though, because I certainly did hear it, although I didn't think much of it because I thought the sound might just be the house expanding or contracting like it seems to do quite often.

Thats all the evidence I have right now, but if any other strange phenomena occurs, I'll be sure to keep everyone updated. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.