Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Update from the Front Lines of Life

As I traditionally do, I apologize for my long internet absence.
I've been riled up in the frontline of life for the past (at least) couple of days, with school finally letting out for Winter Break just this past Friday, as well as severe domestic strife which has led me to become slightly oversensitive to the actions and words of others towards me, although I have made one concrete find from all this; my name and likely hood aren't met with much respect or caring a majority of the time, but that may simply be my fault, despite how hard I try to make my friends happy as often as I can, as well as let myself be noticed with my happy-go-lucky attitude that usually gains me nothing but a hurt arm, stomach, or crotch.

Anyways, I'll drift towards whats been affecting me the most lately: peoples attitudes towards me.
Most adult attitudes meet me with caring, potential, maturity, and respect, although sometimes with my mom its quite the opposite (although there's some justification as to why, but it has nothing to do with me).
On the other side of things, the basic teen attitude received from people who aren't directly part of my group of friends, and who in all likelihood I don't know incredibly well, is mixed. From some who believe they're better then not only me, but plenty of other people, its negative, although not intimidatingly outspoken; that's to be expected from people like that though.
From generally new acquaintances in different classes and such, it may be sparse at times, but its respectful and kind, and in some occasions can be quite fruitful conversationally.
From people I don't know, it's quite neutral which is, as I said before, to be expected. I guess I'm happy I don't have some automatic negative stigma on my head like some people do.
From my circle of friends, it's either been neutral, slightly cold/annoyed, on some occasions physically abusive for no real clear reason, and other occasions verbally abusive, or simply conversational in many different ways, shapes, and forms (both positive and negative).
For the most part, the negative occasions I mentioned may simply be due to the attitude that can be attributed to the time of year, which seems to being about an aura of negativity, unless lifted by either pure positivity from every front, or simply the presence of something innocent and mesmerizing; usually snow (which, as most of us here in the Canadian Pacific Northwest have noted, made only one premature season cameo, and is probably going to stay generally hidden by the constant wind and rain until after Christmas is over).
The real cementing of all these negative waves I've been picking up was recieved mainly due to the fact that my mom was also being quite negative and uncompromising towards me, which made me feel like everything and everyone was against me (the thing with my mom has been solved since though).

I honestly can't wait until spring and summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.