Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Old Saint Nick

Well, I guess I don't need to apologize for any prolonged internet absence, as I posted something only a few days ago as I remember; but for persistence's sake, I will. So I'm sorry, forwardly and truly.

Anyways, I just decided to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year (why Merry and Happy need to be capitalized is beyond me; it just didn't look right to me when I didn't), and hope that everyone got what they wanted, as well as, whether they did or didn't get the material possessions they had wished for, they realize that this time of year is about something entirely different then simply presents (as Wal-Mart and corporate America would have you believe); to some, it may be about Jesus, to others, it may be about Allah or the Sun God Rah, or Mars the God of War, who knows? As I see it, the 'Christ' part of 'Christmas' was simply a lift-off point that led to something much different, and possibly bigger (for better or for worse, it truly depends of the culture and the people).
It's a time to appreciate the people and places around you, to appreciate what you have and what you've obtained; a time to spend with family, and hopefully a few friends, as well as a time to lift or at least ease some of the stress brought on by the dismally cold winter months.
It's also meant to be a time to allow the current year to fade into history, and let a new, hopefully very promising year to bring to us whatever it may have in store.

So here's a quick preliminary goodbye to 2009, and a quick, preliminary introduction to 2010; also, I'd like to recognize that this blog has now been up and online for exactly one year and nineteen days, and has reached 122 posts (as soon as this post goes live).

So, I wish a Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good New Year, for lack of being close to nighttime, as well as considering the fact that it's now Christmas Day, not Eve; and I guess tonight will also double as Boxing Day Eve if you put it into a certain perspective; I'll probably be taking a bus into the city of Richmond tomorrow, and from there, I'll be catching the Skytrain to Downtown Vancouver to play tourist for a little while, as well as pick up some belated Christmas presents for a few friends (on a $40 budget).

Anyways, peace out everyone. If you haven't already had your Christmas dinner, I hope you have a good one. If you have, I hope it was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.