Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Since My Last Post: To help me get it off my chest

Well, I'd like to give everyone an update on how I've been doing as it may help me to vent a little bit; but first, let me give you (at least) the jist of what I've been up to since my last post a couple of days past (which was, as everyone most likely noticed, Christmas Day).

On the particular day I made that special Christmas post, I received some very nice presents from my family: a brand new cellphone with a full keyboard, a world map for my bedroom, $25, a quirky model of a melting motorcycle, a pocket knife, and plenty of socks and boxers, as well as some presents I received the previous Friday during my Christmas with my dad (due to the fact that I would be with my mom on the actual date of Christmas) which were a 'Perfect Push-up' workout set with a routine guide, an acoustic guitar pickup, a couple of movies (How Hitler Lost the War and Fight Club; yes, the one starring Brad Pitt), as well a Lonely Planet book: 1001 Things to Experience (I'm pretty sure that's the exact title, but don't take my direct word for it. The book itself isn't in the room with me, and I don't feel like going all the way upstairs to check the title).

On the following day (Boxing Day), I decided to take a chance and attempt to use the Vancouver transit network to get from my grandmas place in Ladner, all the way to Downtown Vancouver (which, for those of you who don't know, is actually a fair distance in terms of being part of the same extended municipality) and I was entirely successful, albeit not without some slight confusion. First, I caught a bus from the Ladner Exchange to the Bridgeport Exchange in the neighboring city of Richmond, and from their boarded a Skytrain which took me directly into the Downtown Vancouver city center. I walked around there for awhile, checking out a few different book stores and the like, and then contacted a friend who was down from Powell River visiting a parent of theirs for a part of the Christmas Break, and agreed to meet them at Metrotown (on a farther end of the city to the east). So, once again, I found myself on a Skytrain, and ended up going back and fourth (in confusion) from the city center station to that particular routes terminus station; finally, I discovered the proper route I was meant to take, and was quickly whisked away to exactly where I needed to go, with time to spare as that friend of mine got caught in traffic.
I was dropped off at the Metropolitan Mall of Metrotown, which was filled to the brink as if it were a zoo; it was hard to not constantly bump into someone. I then met my friend, and we hung out for about an hour until I decided I needed to get home before it got to dark for me to know where I was going, and as such, I took a Skytrain back in the opposite direction, and was able to make good time due to the fact that I had figured out how to not get confused in the simple Vancouver transit network.
When I made it back to the Ladner Exchange, I picked up something to eat at the McDonald's which was placed directly in front of the bus stop, assuming everyone at my grandmas place would have eaten already, only to discover, as soon as I did get back, that their was KFC waiting for me; and I'm not one to decline a meal, so I had a second dinner.

I stayed up late that night (despite the early time I was required to get up at: 6:30 AM) watching the movie American Gangster on Move Central HD; it was quite a superb movie, I definitely recommend it to anyone who's into realistic crime movies, or simply good action.

The next day, I woke up early, showered, and was out the door as soon as I had changed as my mom had slept in a few minutes late, and as such, had woken me and my brother up later then had been expected. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast until we got to the ferry terminal, where I had a cinnamon bun and a cup of coffee.
On the roughly 6 hour long drive back to Powell River, the weather began to deteriorate, and with it, I began to feel more and more depressed for reasons I wasn't entirely sure of (maybe I have that seasonal depressive disorder? I don't know, I just find winter a time when I get very easily affected by others actions, as well as my own actions, usually in a negatively emotional way; but hey, when I get old enough, I could always chase summer between the two hemispheres if I really wanted to) and I began to over-think the littlest things (which has been occurring lately for some strange reason since I was directly excluded from spending time with my friends one day, as I spoke of in my post Update from the Front Lines of Life) like sparse text message responses, to no text messages at all from neither my friends nor my friends contacting me in some way, shape, or form through Facebook. I know that sounds a little absurd, and I found it strange that I was really as upset as I was over it; although its probable that it would have been my previously existing condition, as well as my tendency to over-think things during this time of the year when my assurance, consolation, self-image, and self-esteem seem to go down the drain that caused me to be as upset as I was.

When we finally made it back to Powell River and had unpacked everything, I was forced to go upstairs by my mom because she wanted the living room for some 'alone time.' While I was up there, I attempted to drown out my thought by watching loud TV, which only caused me to become more upset, and I finally broke down into tears (not maniacally or anything, don't worry), and asked myself a series of questions about what was wrong with me, and answering a few of them. After I was done, I was still upset, but not as much as I was prior, so I decided to give everyone on my blog an update, as well as vent my feelings as best as I could; which brings us to this very moment.

So, thank you to anyone who actually took the time to read this, and even more thanks to anyone who may decide to respond, although I'm not expecting it.

Peace out. I hope everyone's doing better then I am/was.
Hopefully the remainder of everyone's Christmas Break is good, and I wish you all a very Happy New Year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Have fun? was that friend you met Sam? I know she was there but she never mentioned you. =)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.