Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

A Quick Update

So!
I am in the city of Victoria.

To make a long story short, I decided to follow my impulse and improvise my way down here with nothing more than $130 in my bank account. I caught a ferry from Powell River to Courtenay, and from there, having been lent money by my aunt in order to discourage me from hitch-hiking, I caught a Greyhound bus from Courtenay to Nanaimo, and in Nanaimo I met up with an old friend whose been living down there for the past few months who wanted to tag along with me on my hitch-hike Jack Kerouac style adventure.
So, the next morning, her and I were given a ride out to the southbound exit of the city, where we had our thumbs out for no longer than 20 minutes before someone pulled to the side of the road.

Our plan had been to make it at least as far as Duncan within 4 hours. Luck was more than on our side this time around, however, and the driver told us so when he said he was going all the way to Victoria and we were welcome to ride along.
He was a strange man. At first, the whole fear culture surrounding the neo-taboo of hitch-hiking almost got the better of my friend and I, especially when we noted he seemed to be in his 50's, listened to German heavy metal and Avenged Sevenfold, and, for some strange reason, kept a condom in the cup holder next to me.

Despite all these suspicious eccentricities, he turned out to be quite a decent man who transported us safely to our destination 2 hours before we had even planned to be in Duncan.

The adventure in Victoria since has been an incredibly mixed one, filled with lost love, painful drama, existential conversation, philosophical discourse, weed, and a sad, somewhat painfully hopeful melancholy.
All of this drama, in my case, was created out of a strange, bungled-up and confusing situation between me and my former sweetheart, who I am indeed having issues coming to terms with the fact that it's over between us. However, it's the same on her side of the coin as well. We've been simply complicating things even further for the both of us by making attempts and being 'friends in love' and the like, as well as continuing in our professing our love for one another, causing our first time physically seeing each other in just over a month (the last time being the beginning of February, when things, although at times heavy, seemed beautiful and happy) to be painfully confusing.

It's hard to get into a large amount of details for a few reasons; one of the most prominent being the fact that so much (if not all) of it, cannot be properly understood unless you are one of the two people who are experiencing it in their own little shared universe/ reality. Another reason is a simpler one: it's simply too personal to really announce, in deep detail, to the internet.

All I can say is I'm hurting quite a bit, but I'm riding the emotions out, knowing they're all necessary on the road to healing. What will happen, and what is happening between her and I is a great big question mark at the moment. Neither of us know at all what we want from any of this. I think it's wise to keep with space and time for now in order to make sure we're not acting on nothing but raw emotion, and instead have time to let all of this process properly, and have some wounds heal in the meantime.

Love is seriously one of the hardest games to play. I miss her so much.

On the other end of things, it's about quarter after 11 in the morning, and I'm sitting in one of my best friends dorms, all alone, typing out this quick recap of what has been occurring in my life for the past couple of days.
I would go grab breakfast at the University cafeteria, but I kind of want a friend who actually attends the University to tag along, and all of them are preoccupied with other matters at the moment.
My friend whose dorm it is in particular is currently visiting with his girlfriend, and has been visiting with her since last night. The both of them dropped by for about 20 minutes at around midnight, but they then disappeared to a party for the rest of the night.

I'm not complaining, as I got to sleep on his bed instead of a few cushions laid out on the floor.

I'm going to go figure out what I'm doing today, however, so peace out, Blue Planet.
We will speak again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.