Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Rebellion

Picture this: your country has been invaded by a large, powerful foreign force who are now occupying the entire country for one reason or another.

Would you join a resistance movement to fight back?
I can assume that about 60% of you are going to say yes, well another 30% will say it would depend on the circumstances and reason for occupation, well another 10% say you wouldn't care either way. Please note that estimate is out of my general opinion, and is not an official estimate from any official or credible source. I base my information on what I have heard from people I know and their opinions on the subject.

If you where to join a resistance movement, would you join even if you knew the fight would be a futile one, and you would just be fighting to make a point? Or would it have to be a full-fledged rebellion as opposed to a partisan movement before you would even consider volunteering?
Personally, I would make a detailed plan for a eventual full-fledged rebellion movement, but to begin with I would establish small partisan movements in different regions of my country, which would all eventually unite to make a fair sized rebellion movement that would wage guerrilla warfare on the occupying force(s).

If the rebellion became even a slight success, I would begin to search for thousands of new recruits, foreign or not, mercenary or volunteer, to fight for our cause.
If my forces rose above the number of 800,000, which may be a bit far fetched, I would begin a plan to invade and capture entire towns, city's, and regions, with the hope of eventually reaching the capital, hopefully with the possible assistance of other allied, or formerly allied countries.
Once my country was liberated, depending on the prestige, fame, and success of my rebellion movement, I would either form my own army to go and fight the formerly occupying force on their own land, or I would enlist with my national or a foreign army and fight against the enemy.

Give me your thoughts on what you would do in a situation related to a scenario of that nature, I'd be highly interested to see what you have to say.

1 comment:

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.