Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Why is it a Friendly Inferno?

Well, I decided I'd share the origin and the meaning of my blogs name with all of you out there before I go to bed tonight and have a well-earned rest, because some have been wondering. Hopefully future readers will be able to scratch that curious itch of theirs by being able to find this in my eventually vast archive.
Anyways, the origin of the name originally came from the idea for the name of a band that me and a friend of mine where (and still may possibly be) going to start, dubbed with the name "Friendly Inferno," which is a metaphor for life meaning 'life is hard, confusing, and long, so essentially it's just one big inferno, but we try to take the best out of it before we bite the dust,' hence the meaning that life is a 'Friendly Inferno.'
I originally got the idea for the name (originally meant for the band only) from the Billy Talent song 'River Below,' where I mistook the verse "Into the river below...I'm running from the inferno..." for "Into the river below...It's just a friendly inferno..."
I'm aware of how little sense that would make for a song, and especially for a Billy Talent song, which usually tend to try to make the entire point of the song very obvious from the beginning.
Well, there you have it, the origin and explanation of the meaning of my blogs name. Hope you found this at least virtually interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.