Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The First Eight Days of my Life

I was born on June 1st, 1993 in the Vancouver's Children's Hospital, and purely for interests purpose, I'm going to analyze the events that occurred within that very month, starting with: "Large protests erupt against Slobodan Milošević's regime in Belgrade; opposition leader Vuk Drašković and his wife Danica are arrested," which occurred on June 1st, the very day I was born.
I have no idea who this Slobodan Milošević fellow is, and I only have a very faint idea of what and where Belgrade is (I believe it is, or at least was a country in Eastern Europe).
I'm assuming whatever it is that occurred, it occurred in quite a fascist nature with this Slobodan fellow arresting his only (remaining) opposition. I guess it can be expected though, I mean, the 20th century was a century filled to the brink with power hungry war mongers.
Another event that occurred on the same day is: "President of Guatemala Jorge Serrano Elías is forced to flee the country after an attempted self-coup."
I have know idea what a self-coup is, but I'm going to assume it has something to do with some larger conspiracy theory that somehow led to this guy wanting an alternative to himself taking office, or wanted to use him as a puppet as he pulled the strings from behind the scenes (just as Putin does as Prime Minister with President Dmitry Medvedev of the Russian Federation).
It also sounds like this Serrano fellow got what he had coming to him, and was forced to flee. Probably a good riddance.

Another event that occurred (around the time that I was only a few hours old) is: "Burundian presidential election, 1993: The first multiparty elections in Burundi since the country's independence lead to the election of Melchior Ndadaye, leader of the Front for Democracy in Burundi. The next day's legislative election sees his party win with an overwhelming majority."
Well, that's definitely a brighter side to that very complicated day, because it seems that finally democracy did as it was supposed to. I'm not sure how good a president this guy was to the people of Burundi, but at least he was willfully voted in.

By the time I was around 4 days old, this event occurred: "The National Assembly of Venezuela designates Ramón José Velásquez as successor of suspended President Carlos Andrés Pérez."
Well, it's nice to see there was an era with a different president preceding Hugo Chavez, and it's nice to see that I did indeed exist during that time, because God, I'm sick of that self-absorbed, power-hungry, overeating son of a b**ch (Excuse the French).
On a darker note, this Perez fellow was suspended from office, indicating that something bad had to occur to cause his suspension. At least the people had enough guts to suspend him, which is definitely an upside.
On the same day, "24 Pakistani troops in the UN forces are killed in Mogadishu, Somalia."
I do know a slight amount about the whole Somalian deal, as I've seen the movie Black Hawk Down, and I know that at the moment the country has been torn at the seams and that the government no longer has any money to doll out towards infrastructure or community projects, which forces certain citizens to Somalia to start sailing the Seven Seas searching for loot and plunder. No, I'm serious, they're pirates.
"Minnesota v. Dickerson: The United States Supreme Court rules that the seizure of evidence during a pat-down search is unconstitutional." This, as is obvious, occurred on the same day.
It's a strange thing to see in this day and age, where the United States in leaning towards fascism and is obviously wishing to make alot of the constitution obsolete. I'm happy that I wasn't born into any dystopian American world, because God I'd be quite a different person today. I'd probably be alot like one of those Hitler Youth, but it'd probably called Bush Youth or something along those lines. Thankfully, I was born into intellect and democracy.

"Following the Revolutionary Nationalist Movement's victory, Gonzalo Sánchez de Lozada becomes president of Bolivia." This occurred the following day, and I really don't know if there's much I can say about it; I don't know if this guy was in it for power or for the people, and I don't know if the guy he overthrew was such a bad person, so I feel that I don't really have any right to make any judgement on this event. I'll just say a monotonous 'congratulations' to Mr. Lozada, whether he's dead or alive.
On the same day, "Mongolia holds its first direct presidential elections" which, I'm assuming, means that Mongolia finally broke free of someones political control; maybe it was some sort of dictatorship prior to these elections, or maybe it was a puppet of China, Japan, or Russia; but honestly, I don't have a clue. Also, it states that it holds its first direct presidential elections, which indicates that it had presidential elections prior, but they must've been either fixed, or the responsibility of a certain societal class. Who knows? The Internet and the Mongolians do, but the point of this blog isn't for me to do research, it's for me to blindly analyze what occurred during the month I was born.

"In Paris, Christian Didier breaks into the home of René Bousquet, banker and former Vichy France administrator, and shoots him dead." This occurred a couple of days later, around the time I would have been 8 days old. It's definitely interesting to see that World War II was still taking some sort of toll on international events around the time I was born, but I'm honestly unsure as to if this guy deserved death, because as far as I know, Vichy France had nothing to do with the deportation of Jews; the only thing I can recall them being a part of (in order to protect themselves from becoming occupied to a further extent) is German-led offenses and defenses.
Oh well, it's not like this guy will be sorely missed due to the fact that he was once a puppet of Nazi Germany.
"The PKK-declared ceasefire ends in Iraq" is an obvious precursor to the First Gulf War, although I have no idea where it fits in as I know very little about the First Gulf War; what I know comes from things I've been told, as well as the movie Jarhead.
This is on yet another dark note, although we know now that Iraq was quickly kicked out of Kuwait, and that the only serious damage done was to the environment with the burning of Kuwaiti oil fields.

I'll get around to adding events that occurred over the course of the rest of the month in another two (maybe three) parts. Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.