Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

Michael Jackson is Dead

Yes, I couldn't believe it either the first time I heard it.
I was never a fan of Michael Jackson, but like many others in my generation, as well as many others from prior generations, he was someone who, whether you liked him or not, was always there, someone who changed the world.
I honestly can't think of anyone else who was as famous as him, although I can think of others who were close such as Elvis Presley or Barrack Obama.
A couple of other celebrities died yesterday as well; Farrah Fawcett and Sky Saxon, both names which I've heard a couple of times before, but have never really meant anything to me.
Michael Jackson never meant anything to me personally, although I was aware of his shaping of an entire generation, as well as his influence on many others, including my own.

Yes, I'll admit, I disliked his style of music, but that doesn't mean I didn't appreciate it, as well as realize how it lead to the creation of some of the genres I have fallen in love with. So, on that note, I would like to send my condolences to the Jackson family and friends, as well as his millions of international fans, and hope that he, as well as Farrah Fawcett and Sky Saxon, rest in peace.

On a completely different subject, I would like to give everyone that may read my blog a quick update on my life; I am now on summer break, and I passed every one of my classes with my lowest mark being a C. Some of these early days of summer break have been a bit boring, yet others have been alot of fun.
I also noticed something strange this morning, although I'm not going to share it with the world. All I'm going to say is that it involves the strange appearance of blood. I'm going to wait it out and see if it resolves itself over the course of a week, and if it doesn't then I'm going to look into seeing a doctor about it. This has occurred once before, and it resolved itself after a day, so I doubt its anything serious. Still, I'm going to be paying attention to it.

For those of you who don't know, the poems I've been posting in bulk lately (excluding The Single Reality and Today) are all poems I wrote about a year ago during the previous summer, and I'm only posting them to my blog now as so they can be shared with anyone who reads my material on a regular basis. Also, I will be returning to my roots soon with intellectual rants about things such as religion and politics, and I'm sorry to anyone who may prefer that content over the content I've been publishing lately.

R.I.P.: Michael Jackson, Farrah Fawcett, Ed McMahon, and Sky Saxon. (Ed McMahon died two days ago, I believe.)
Peace out, blue planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.