Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer's Here

Well, summer's almost here, only 6 days left of school following today, then I have one English exam on the following Wedsnday first thing in the morning, and following that, I'm done for the rest of the school year. After that, all I have to do is come back briefly on June 25th to pick up my report card.
I don't know exactly what I'm going to do for the entire summer; alot of my friends are going to be busy, either with part-time jobs or going out of town, or just unable to hang out for no real valid reason. I don't really want to spend my summer like I spent the boring and dry days in the summer prior; sitting on my computer surfing the internet while watching some documentary on Joseph Stalin on History Television.
I'm going to Lethbrige, Alberta at the end of July with my dad, his girlfriend, and my brother, but that's still a long time away, and I guess in the meantime I can get around to starting that novel I've been avidly planning out for the past three months, as well as become more skilled at guitar and maybe even start to write my own songs, and possibly perform them for a YouTube audience.
Obviously, I'll also be hanging out with friends every chance I get, which will probably be at least two or three times a week, as well as checking out the latest summer blockbusters.
Another thing I'll be doing, most likely near the beginning of the summer, will be taking my knowledge test as to earn my 'L' license.

If I end up getting so incredibly bored I find myself getting depressed, I'll probably look for a part-time job to keep myself pre-occupied. Hopefully, though, it doesn't get to that point.
Also, I'll probably look into taking day (or possibly camping) trips to the nearby Gulf Islands I can see from my bedroom window as well as from my school (which is conveniently located within walking distance).

Another two years of school, and I'm done for good. I'll finally be able to experience life to its fullest. God, I can't wait until June 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.