Pages

Monday, March 16, 2009

Life in the Rut as of Right Now.

Yesterday, I and my girlfriend (who I am not at liberty to give a name due to personal privacy reasons) broke-up. Parted ways, as one might say.

It seemed to me as though it was a mutual, if not at least semi-mutual inevitable occurrence, (I say
'inevitable' because alot of the people who are close to me have directly stated that they saw this coming, and to be completely honest, so did I, and I think she did to.

I believed that it was going to happen eventually, and in this case, I guess it's better sooner than later, when it would have hurt much more.
It's only been a day, yes, but the dramatic change has been enough to make me feel quite sad, blank, and quite (although not completely, because I know I will get through this) hopeless.

I'll admit, I miss her. As is obvious, not everything about her I miss, or their would have been no reason to break-up in the first place.
I don't miss only her, I miss some lips to kiss, and a comforting, loving companion who would feel the most sympathy for me when I needed it, and to which I would attempt to return the favor, although one mistake I'll admit is that I wasn't always there for her.
I miss a hand to hold, and a person to love because as distant and ghostly as it may seem I do have alot of love to give, and as of yesterday, no one to give it to.

Trust me, I'm not a inherently dramatic person, although I can be if I'm writing a story or countering ones dramatic grief with dramatic upsides, and I know as well as anyone else that I'm going to get over her and everything that happened, and I'm going to take lessons from this relationship just as anyone else would who is or was leaving a relationship.
I know as well that this is a completely natural phase in a break-up, and should easily be expected with the end of a four-and-a-half month love, but I also know that writing it down helps alot.

Anyways, I'll explain how I feel to the best of my ability: I constantly feel alone, sort of drawn away from everyone else, upset, sometimes I feel like I may have made a significant mistake, while others I feel like it was necessary but still painful.
I feel cut-off from everyone else, like no one could really truly understand how I feel.
Some small things remind me of her and give me this short pang of sorrow.

I figure it'll take about a month before I completely get over this, and I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.