Pages

Monday, April 19, 2010

Justin Bieber's up for a Juno

Volcanic ash over Europe restricts air travel indefinitely, a revolution in Kyrgyzstan tosses the president out of the country, almost the entirety of Poland's ruling elite are killed in a single plane crash, Pakistan is rocked by even more explosions, India loses a prototype satellite before it's even made it into space, the United Kingdom holds pre-election debates, and I'm sitting here doing a blog post when I'm supposed to be at school, attempting to perfect the strum pattern for 'Mustang Sally' for my guitar class? What is this world coming to?

Well, personally, the only place my world has been going to is StumbleUpon, as well as some interesting books regarding the history of both humanity, as well as Earth itself, with a bit of Big Bang tossed in their for good mix. To say the least, I feel like an underachieving scholar.
It's another one of those months and/or weeks, I guess... one that will go down in history, just like the week of 9/11, as well as that whole swine flu scare a year back. It'll all be in textbooks one day, mark my words.

Also, I guess I'm obligated to apologize for my long internet absence; I tried on a few occasions to write up something new, but the charge I was feeling that would have allowed me to do so tended to die out just as I clicked 'New Post,' or as soon as I had finished my first paragraph, leaving me with a few unaccounted for, unpublished articles in my drafts folder. We'll see if they make it any further then that.
Aside from all that, there's nothing really to add, unless I was going to give my opinion on how to fix Europe's current problems, which as far as I know, us Canadian's have been doing by default for the past 100 years. Plus, I don't think theirs much opinion a blogger could give that would assist in lifting a cloud of volcanic ash; it's not George Bush we're trying to lift from office (he did that himself- finally), it's Mother Nature, the real Commander-in-Chief.

Anyways, I guess I should probably start heading for school if I want to survive this year with satisfactory grades. I'll be writing a new article soon, I promise; before the end of the month for sure. What it'll be about is still beyond me at this point, but I'll find something, and I promise you, you'll enjoy it.

Peace out, blue planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.