Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The 'Wooden Skyscraper'

I've decided to post something quick on my blog this morning, as it's a dream I had last night which I feel will probably fade pretty quick if I don't.
Bits and pieces have already vacated my mind in favor of other dimensions, or wherever dreams go when they disappear, but a few details and the entire gist still remain.
Ok, so here it goes:
I'm guessing the town I was in was some sort of incarnation of Powell River, except judging by the scenery, it was much smaller, and pushed-back further into the woods which in reality stretch endlessly east from exactly where I'm sitting, until they hit a small town just outside of the Rocky Mountains.
Anyways, it was strange because there were plenty of other people around by the looks of it, and alot of the houses looked incredibly familiar, including my own; the big twist was that the incarnation of what in reality is called the 'Old Courthouse Inn' was east of town as opposed to west, and behind it, it hosted a large, wooden tower, sort of like a skyscraper reminiscent of the Space Needle or the CN Tower. By what I remember, it also rotated, and sat further back east in the woods than any other sign of settlement did.

It seemed that, most of the time, only rich people could afford to stay in the hotel, until one day, a group of my friends won a local contest in which the prize was being able to stay in the building... for how long exactly, was never made clear to me.
Of course, as the dreamworld would have it, I wasn't one of the contest winners, but I could see the shapes and forms of my different friends through the buildings large windows from my home, and I decided I wanted to visit them.
Sprinting in bare feet, for some reason, I arrived at the hotel lobby just as it was closing, and because I knew the owners, the doorman let me through to talk with them, and they allowed me to go and visit my friends in the tower if I'd like, providing I didn't plan to stay the night.

So, I did. I remember climbing very high, and then for some inexplicable reason, once I had got near the top, there was a large, frozen hill to which I had to navigate on and around to reach a set of carved stairs, which I did, albeit my feet weren't enjoying the ride.
Finally, I got up the grassy set of stairs, and I opened the door to the tower where a burst of warmth swept over me, and all of a sudden, I realized I was looking for a certain friend of mine in particular, and I started searching, but to no avail. Every person I ran into said they hadn't seen her, despite the fact that I had clearly seen her shape and form through the window from my home not to long before my little expedition.
Finally, I relaxed and just let it drop, and instead began to enjoy the incredible view, of which all of Powell River, as well as Vancouver Island and the Georgia's Straight, were entirely visible; I also recall being able to see over the Island, to which an endless Pacific Ocean dropped off with the Earth's curvature on the distant horizon.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

The world is meaningless,

there is no God or gods, there are no morals, the universe is not moving inexorably towards any higher purpose.
All meaning is man-made, so make your own, and make it well.
Do not treat life as a way to pass the time until you die.
Do not try to "find yourself", you must make yourself.
Choose what you want to find meaningful and live, create, love, hate, cry, destroy, fight and die for it.
Do not let your life and your values and your actions slip easily into any mold, other that that which you create for yourself, and say with conviction, "This is who I make myself".
Do not give in to hope.
Remember that nothing you do has any significance beyond that with which you imbue it.
Whatever you do, do it for its own sake.
When the universe looks on with indifference, laugh, and shout back, "Fuck You!".
Rembember that to fight meaninglessness is futile, but fight anyway, in spite of and because of its futility.
The world may be empty of meaning, but it is a blank canvas on which to paint meanings of your own.
Live deliberately. You are free.